- June 1 – July 23, 2021, T W TH F 10am-12pm
- Mondays are dedicated as ‘research days’ for Scholars to work primarily on their McNair Research Projects.
- Zoom – link will be emailed to MSI participants before June 1.
- The topics for the MSI build upon those of INTERDIS 490: McNair Preparation for Graduate School. These include:
- The craft of research
- Applications to graduate programs and funding
- The culture of graduate school
- McNair Scholars are provided with a research stipend and a room and board allowance for the McNair Summer Institute, May through July. This summer, the funding package will be ~$6,000. This amount is provided so that Scholars can devote time to their research projects and graduate applications instead of working part or full time before their fall classes begin.
- Scholars will also be offered the opportunity to apply for a Wellness Grant, including services such as recreation classes, fees, or equipment.
- Scholars are expected to participate synchronously in the MSI. Scholars participating in SROPs or REUs will participate asynchronously. If Scholars are required to take a course over the summer, they must speak with the program director, Dr. Herrera, to discuss the situation.
Due by 10 am the first day of class. If you need a refresher, please review the INTERDIS 490 class recording from 4/28/2021.
- Golden Circle worksheet
- Research Timeline, completed with your Faculty Mentor
- List of 8-12 graduate programs in your grad tracker
- Summer schedule when you will work on MSI emailed by Susan
- CV timeline worked backward
More details about the MSI will be added as they are finalized.